Actor and singer Sonu Nigam is from India. In the media, he has been referred to as one of Hindi cinema’s most popular and successful playback singers. The Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honor, was bestowed upon him by the country’s government in recognition of his contributions to the arts. Additionally, Nigam has recorded a number of non-film albums and starred in a number of Hindi films. As a tribute to his musical hero, Mohammad Rafi, he has earned the moniker “Modern Rafi.”
Sonu Nigam Unknown Facts
1. During the late 1990s, this legendary singer-actor captivated audiences with both his stunning vocals and his engaging attitude.
2. Born in Faridabad, Haryana, Sonu Nigam began his musical career as a child performer. He followed in the footsteps of his parents and became a household name after pursuing a career in music.
3. Sonu arrived in Mumbai at the age of 19 after performing a slew of shows across the country. At first, he had a taste of failure in his professional life, but it was the musical show that brought him into the limelight. As early as 1995, Gulshan Kumar provided Sonu with the opportunity to contribute his vocals to Bewafa Sanam, which launched his career and made him a well-known figure in India.
4. Actress Madhurima, who is 15 years his junior, is Sonu Nigam’s wife. A boy born to the couple is a social media sensation.
5. Deewana Tera, Bijuria, and Tera Milna paved the way for him to become a pop culture icon for the younger generation. Abhi Mujh Me Kahin, Has Mat Pagli, and Sapna Jahan is just a few of the recent hits that have caught the attention of music lovers everywhere.
6. Two Filmfare Awards for Best Male Singer (Sonu Nigam) have been given to him for Saathiya (2002) and Kal Ho Na Ho (2003).
7. Jaani Dushman, Love in Nepal, and Kaash Aap Humare Hote are just a few of the films in which the singer has appeared. However, the film was a failure at the box office and failed to impress the audience.
8. He has a home in Mumbai, India, as well as in Dubai. A wall in his Mumbai home is devoted to pictures and portraits of his family. In addition, he has a collection of photographs of famous musicians in his home. His multi-million dollar home in Dubai is pretty lavish.
9. Sonu Nigam had a rough start in life. No one would hire him and his films were failing to find an audience. He used to make money by appearing in stage plays and radio advertising. Sandese Aate Hain, sung by him in the 1997 film Border, marked the beginning of his career.
10. Sonu Nigam has a reputation for speaking his mind and not holding back. Sonu Nigam has been at the center of a slew of controversy, ranging from his response to Radhe Maa’s lawsuit over her choice of clothing to his role in Azaan.
11. Sonu Nigam blamed others for the Radhe Maa sexism scandal, saying, “People give titles of God men and women to other people.” Radhe Maa’s sleaziness was likened to that of the Hindu Goddess Kaali. Asked when the forced religiousness will end, he said he was woken up by Azaan as he wished them good morning.
12. Singer-songwriters, like Sonu Nigam, have expressed their dissatisfaction with the contracts they are required to sign with record labels and other music producers. This caused him to become embroiled in a bitter dispute with Divya Khosla Kumar, who accused Bhushan Kumar, the CEO of TSeries, of harassing the singers and abusing his position of power.
13. He’s rumored to be a car fanatic. He’s a car nut who prefers high-end automobiles. Audi A4, Range Rover Vogue, and a BMW Z4 are all said to be among Sonu Nigam’s automobiles.
14. Sonu Nigam is expected to have a net worth of $50 million by 2022. Sonu Nigam’s fortune is estimated to be between Rs 370 and 390 crores. Around Rs 50 lakhs per month, his annual income is estimated to be between Rs 6 and 8 crore.
15. Sonu made his stage debut with his father at the age of three, singing Kya Hua Tera Vada. Sa Re Ga Ma Pa helped him recover from his early setbacks. Sonu began singing in Bollywood at the age of 18 and has since appeared in several films as both an actor and a singer. Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, and Bengali are some of the languages he can sing. He also has the ability to sing in Punjabi.
16. Ustad Ghum Mustafa Khan was Sonu Nigam’s classical music teacher. Some people call him The Chord King. It was almost Sonu Nigam’s turn to sing Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To Aisa Laga in 1942 A Love Story. Betaab was the film in which he made his acting debut as a kid actor.
Check Here for More Updates: BulletinXP