According to sources, Sonali Phogat, a leader in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and a successful Bollywood actress, passed away after a heart attack on Monday night in Goa. The 41-year-old went to Goa with some of her employees for a photo shoot.
Sonali shared a video to her official Instagram account hours before her death in which she can be seen wearing a pink dupatta as a head wrap and singing along to Mohammad Rafi’s “Rukh Se Jara Naqab Toh Hata Do Mere Hazoor…”
She even updated her Twitter profile photo to show her in the same outfit. As we struggle to come to terms with Sonali Phogat’s passing, here are some tidbits about the late actress that you may not have known.
Lesser-Known Facts About The Bigg Boss Fame and Politician
1. Born on September 21, 1979, in Bhutan Kalan Village, Fatehabad, Sonali spent her childhood in Hisar, Haryana. Her dad farmed, and she was one of four siblings.
2. According to online rumors, Sonali Phogat‘s spouse Sanjay Phogat was discovered dead in Hisar in 2016. She’s the proud mother of Yashodhara Phogat.
3. The ex-Bigg Boss 14 competitor first appeared on screen in 2006, when she anchored a Haryanvi show for Doordarshan.
4. She was the main character in “The Story of Badmashgarh,” a web series that premiered in 2019. Sonali can also be seen in the Haryanvi music video for “Bandook Aali Jaatni” (2019).
5. During season 14 of Salman Khan’s Bigg Boss reality show in 2020, she was a surprise addition as a wild card contender.
6. When Sonali Phogat wasn’t busy being a Tik Tok star, she was busy being active on her other social media accounts.
7. The actress-turned-politician had a large number of devoted online supporters.
8. In 2008, she signed up with the BJP, and this year, she ran for office in the Harayana Assembly Elections from the Adampur Constituency.
10. But Congress leader Kuldeep Bishnoi received 29,471 more votes, and she lost the poll. Phogat was also involved in the improvement of tribal communities in the Indian states of Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh.
11. The BJP eventually put her in charge of the scheduled Tribes in Haryana, Delhi, and Chandigarh.
12. Sonali Phogat served as the vice president of the BJP’s women’s organization.
Check Here for More Updates: BulletinXP