Mr. Karan Johar is more than a producer and director. Still, in recent years, he has pursued a variety of careers, including acting, costume design, screenwriting, television hosting, reality show judging, and serving as a mentor to many aspiring actors. Karan generates a large number of money from all of his vocations, and as a result, his net worth is among the highest among the country’s top filmmakers.
His bio states that he is one of India’s wealthiest directors and producers. Karan Johar earns more than 15 crores per month. In the country, he has a sizable fan base. The expense of Karan’s directorial is 3 crores for each film. Karan invested in the film “Bahubali” and made a huge profit; after “Bahubali 2,” his net worth has more than doubled.
Karan Johar earns a total of 100 crores plus INR per year. He also earns a lot of money by endorsing other brands. Karan’s net worth is increasing at a rate of around 20% per year. According to reports, his net worth has increased by more than 80% in the last few years.
In the film “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge,” Karan Johar began his career as an assistant director for his cousin “Aditya Chopra” (1995). In the romantic comedy “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai,” Karan made his directorial debut (1998). In addition, the film received the Filmfare Award for Best Screenplay and Best Director. “My Name Is Khan” (2010) was Karan’s second-biggest Bollywood film, and he received the Filmfare Award for Best Director.
He also has a production firm called “dharma productions,” through which he has produced numerous films such as “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil,” “Dear Zindagi,” and “Badrinath Ki Dulhania,” and others. For his thriller “Raazi,” he got the Filmfare Award for Best Film (2018). Karan Johar has established himself as one of Bollywood’s most prominent producers and directors.
He served as a judge on the reality competition shows “Jhalak Dhikla Jaa,” “India’s Next Superstar,” and “India’s Got Talent.” “Simba,” “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham,” “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge,” and “Om Shanti Om” are among Karan Johar’s super-hit films. “Bahubali 2” was Karan’s highest-earning film in 2017, grossing 1810 crores INR (USD 210 million) worldwide.
Karan Johar’s Interesting Facts:
- Before making his directorial debut with Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Karan Johar worked as a costume designer.
- In DDLJ, his duty as a costume designer included styling Shah Rukh Khan. KJo discovered his love for dressing up celebrities and went on to work as a costume designer for SRK in Dil Toh Pagal Hai and Veer-Zara, as well as Amitabh Bachchan in Mohabbatein.
- Karan Johar can converse in French as fluently as he does in his own tongue.
- He is one of the few Bollywood stars who holds a Master’s degree in French.
- Apart from former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Karan Johar is the only Indian who has been invited to the London Olympics’ opening ceremony.
- Dharma Productions was founded by his father 40 years ago.
- Shah Rukh Khan‘s character in Kal Ho Na Ho, a dying man with an unquenchable spirit of life, is partially based on his real-life father. KJo says Kal Ho Na Ho is the one film he wishes he could have directed himself. Nikhil Advani helmed the film’s direction.
- Karan Johar considers Kajol to be his lucky charm in Bollywood, which is why he makes sure to include a cameo appearance from the actress in each of his projects, whether it’s in a song or a few scenes here and there.
- Karan Johar’s father, Yash Johar, was a well-known filmmaker who wished to see his son succeed as an actor. He was all set to make a film, but fate had other ideas.
- Karan Johar was moved by a film to abandon his superstitious beliefs. All of his films had titles that began with the letter ‘K’ before he saw Lage Raho Munnabhai.
Top 10 interesting Facts About Karan Johar:
- KJo stopped believing in numerology after seeing the Rajkumar Hirani-directed film’s climactic scene, in which Sanjay Dutt and Saurabh Shukla discuss superstitions.
- When he overheard a couple in a restaurant getting separated that day, he got the concept for Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. He was so moved by the occurrence that he decided to make a film on weddings, separations, and finding the right mate. KJo was widely chastised for promoting marital infidelity.
- Karan Johar‘s ultimate ambition is to win an Oscar and dedicate it to his homeland.
- He once said that he has practiced his speech so many times that he will never forget what he will say on stage if he ever makes it there. “This is for you, India,” KJo fantasizes about saying on Oscar’s stage.