One thinks of an angelic face and a beaming grin when one hears the name, Rashami Desai. The handsome actor, who got her start in the business at a relatively tender age, is now among the highest-paid female stars. Rashami, a former star in the Bhojpuri film business, entered the realm of television in 2006 without expecting it to become her permanent residence.
The role of Tapasya in Uttaran was a turning point in her career, following the lead in Pari Hoon Main and a few guest spots in episodic dramas. Rashami became an overnight success, and despite her complex personality, men began flocking to her. In addition to appearing in dance competitions like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and reality competitions like Nach Baliye 7.
The Actor has tried his hand at comedy with shows like Comedy Ka Maha Muqabal and Comedy Circus. Rashami isn’t the kind to portray the stereotypical “heroine,” so she’s branched out and played complex female parts in shows like Ishq Safed and Adhuri Kahaani Humari, and in Dil Se Dil Tak she plays Shorvori, a woman torn between her love for her husband and her wish to have children.
Some Little-UnKnown Facts About Rashami
1. Despite Rashami’s many successes in her professional life, her personal life took a turn for the worse. Rashami envisioned a bright future with her husband Nandish Sandhu, her co-star in Uttaran. However, after only three years of marriage.
2. The couple split up due to incompatibility. Even as they both held blameless hands, it was obvious that this marriage was doomed to fail. Rashami has overcome many obstacles and is now successful in her career and has a loving family.
3. In spite of her Gujarati heritage, Rashami was born in the Assamese city of Nagaon.
4. The actor’s early career in Bhojpuri films began at a tender age. Rashami established herself as a major player in the industry despite working on some low-budget features. She has appeared in films in Assamese, Bengali, and Manipuri.
5. In 2006, Rashami made her first appearance on Hindi television as Mandodri in the show Ravan on Zee TV. In 2008, in the film Pari Hoon Main, she made her debut in the leading role.
6. Actor Divya Desai’s birth name is Divya. In 2008, she changed her name to Rashami when reports surfaced that the producers of her show Pari Hoon Main had indicated that her previous name, Divya, was not in her or the show’s best interest. Her mother sought the advice of a numismatist before settling on the name Rashami, and the consequences are plain to see.
7. The actor has spent years studying classical dance forms like Bharatnatyam and Kathak.
8. The surprising news that Rashami had agreed to plastic surgery was revealed in Nach Baliye Season 7. While her ex-husband and current lover Nandish Sandhu defended her, he also revealed that she often conflated cosmetic procedures with actual surgery.
9. When she was participating in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, she made a shocking confession: she suffered a miscarriage. A performer needs a lot of courage to open out about her struggles on national television.
10. Rashami’s mother is a schoolteacher, and the two of them have a good relationship. After losing her father at an early age, the actor’s mother raised him and her younger brother on her own. Rashami is close to her mother and enjoys spending time with her, even taking her out on dates when her brother and his wife are too busy.
11. Dancing, driving, traveling, and following the news are just a few of the actor’s many interests.
12. Actor Mrunal Jain, with whom Rashami worked on Uttaran, became like a brother to her. The two became quite close throughout filming, and their relationship has continued to deepen into that of a true family outside of the set.
Check Here for More Updates: BulletinXP