Army Record Office Process Automation 3.0 (ARPAN 3.0) is a new automation software for Defence Security Corps personnel to ease personal documentation and all issues related to their progression. Defence minister Manohar Parrrikar launched it for the over 12 lakh soldiers of the Indian Army which will provide them easy access to their service records such as salary, leave, postings and transfer. The role of ARPAN 3.0 also includes digitization of Indian Army’s 45 Record Offices pan India in one year time. It is developed jointly by the Army Software Development Centre (ASDC) and Tech Mahindra.
A source said that “with this software, soldiers including the junior commissioned officer can access service record at unit level using login id and password. As of now, all the records are maintained manually which is time-consuming and requires lot of manual effort.” A total of Rs 1.9 crore is invested.
“I hope in a year time we will be perfectly on the website,” Parrikar said at the launch of ARPAN 3.0.
Gen suhag said that “The software is user-friendly and can be used by both units and individual”.
- It consists of seven modules facilitating an end to end human resource, financial management of Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) and Other Ranks.
- The software is developed using state-of-the-art web-based technology.
- It is an upgraded version of ARPAN 2.0.
- It will enable Defence Security Corps to access their service profiles, statement of accounts and adjustment of allowances at par with troops of India.
- Major functions include timely processing of postings, promotions, publication of personal occurrences, salary, processing of pension.
- Defence security corps will be allowed to access their service profiles, statement of accounts and adjustment of allowances at par with troops of Indian Army.
- It has already been test-bedded at seven Army record offices.
- The software is launched on 2nd July 2017 to coincide with the National digital Week.
- The one-year planning consists of developing automation applications for equipment procurement, storage, maintenance, logistics management and a geographic information system (GIS), connectivity for which is provided through the secure Army Data Network.