Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ensure full electricity connection for the poor section of the society announced Saubhagya Yojna which aims to provide total access to electricity by 2019 and this is an seen as a masterstroke ahead of the upcoming state assembly elections.
Following are the key points to know of this scheme :-
- This scheme ‘s full name is “Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna” or Saubhagya Yojna.
- It’s target is to provide full electricity to the poor households of the country.
- The plan, pegged at Rs 16,320 crore, will give free electric associations with an expected 4 crore poor family units.
- The plan means to set up fundamental power foundation in towns and give free power associations with beneath neediness line (BPL) family units.
- The Saubhagya yojna plot needs to associate all un-zapped provincial and urban family units who will take a power association
- By pumping Rs 16000 crore into the economy, Government trusts that extra openings for work may open up.
- The PM commented that individuals who don’t have power, do not have to live in the eighteenth century now.
- Despite the fact that the power associations, that will cost between Rs 2,500 to Rs 4,000, will be without given, the administration has said there would not be any sponsorship for the month to month utilization of power. “Buyers should pay the bill according to their use,” said a source.
- All power meters will have innovation-driven enlistment, installment and buyer charging to dodge any spillage. There will be both focus and state-level checking and online observing instrument of the plan.
- Provincial individuals, who don’t fall within the ambit of the financial standing evaluation that decides the level of destitution, will pay Rs 500 for the association. They will have 10 portion offices. Urban non-poor prohibited from the plan.