In a one of its kind event, Krishnapatnam Port in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh will play host to the 9th International Youth Sailing Competition of India. Organised from December 27 till December 31, 2017, it is the country’s largest Sailing Competition. (India Becomes the First Country to Introduce a Sand Art Certificate Course. To know more, Click here.)
KEY POINTS ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL YOUTH SAILING COMPETITION OF INDIA
- The International Youth Sailing competition will see 400 sailors from India and other Asian countries.
- Navyuga Sailing Academy, Tamil Nadu Sailing Association (TNSA) and Yachting Association of Andhra Pradesh (YAAP) are collectively managing the event.
- Furthermore, the Yachting Association of India (YAI) and Asian Sailing Federation (ASAF) are supervising the competition.
- Additionally, in order to make sure that the competition is fair and just, International jury and officials have been appointed.
- Assisted by TNSA member and RYA race officer Mylai Prabhakar, Mr. Ilker Byandir from Turkey is the Principal Race Officer for the event. Moreover, International Judge Mr. Chris Watts from the UK is the chair of the jury.
- Moreover,The Krishnapatnam Port will provide challenging conditions to the sailors, which will take the level competition one notch higher.
- Furthermore, the Competition will see participation from national and international top sailors.
Talking about the International Youth Sailing Competition, Anil Yendluri, Director and CEO, KPCL, said, “We at Krishnapatnam Port are excited to host the 9th Indian International Regatta. We would like to conduct this to be a one of a kind experience. An event that will be remembered for many years to come. It would be a fantastic platform for us to showcase how India is opening up to novel sports like sailing and already winning laurels and accolades for the country.”
He further added that, “Sports like sailing helps build purposeful and meaningful relationships besides fitness, wellbeing and happiness amongst the sailing enthusiasts,” he added.
In the past Chennai had hosted the eight editions of International Youth Sailing Competition.
Moreover,the port is currently holding YAI Senior and Youth National Championships. The Championship had begun on December 21 and will continue till December 25.