Glaucoma is an eye condition described by harm to the optic nerve, which may bring about halfway or aggregate loss of visual perception. Hazard factors for creating glaucoma incorporate age, a restorative history of diabetes, weight, and hypertension. Two Cups Of Tea and you are done with it?
As per late information from the National Eye Institute, in 2010 alone, 1.9 percent of the North American populace matured 40 and over was determined to have a type of glaucoma.
TWO CUPS OF TEA FOR GLAUCOMA TREATMENT? -A GLIMPSE
- Coffee utilization has already been related to an expanded danger of creating glaucoma, because of expanded intraocular circulatory strain.
- Be that as it may, the consequences of the further research were part, with some showing that direct coffee utilization did not influence the danger of glaucoma, and others acquiring blended outcomes.
- Besides, a few investigations conjectured that the utilization of other stimulated and non-jazzed beverages could likewise impact the danger of treating glaucoma.
- As of late, researchers from Brown University in Providence, RI, and the University of California in Los Angeles have chosen to analyze how the utilization of different beverages — including hot tea, decaffeinated tea, frosted tea, espresso, and sodas — impact the danger of glaucoma.
- “No investigation to date has looked at the impacts of charged and decaffeinated espresso, tea, and sodas on glaucoma,” compose the analysts.
- “The goal of this investigation,” they include, “is to look at the relationship between utilization of different energized and decaffeinated refreshments and glaucoma.”
TEA FOR GLAUCOMA – THE STUDY
- Lead study creator Connie Wu and her associates investigated information sourced from the 2005– 2006 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, which accumulated the therapeutic information of around 10,000 individuals.
- The study utilized a scope of devices, including interviews, physical examinations, and blood tests, intending to give a nitty-gritty imagined of wellbeing in the United States populace.
- The group picked the 2005– 2006 study since it likewise accumulated information on glaucoma analyze. That year, 1,678 members consented to share full eye test comes about, and of these, 84 grown-ups were found to have a type of glaucoma.
- As a piece of their evaluation, the members were tested on their drinking propensities, including how much espresso, hot tea, decaffeinated tea, soda pops, and frosted tea they had tanked over the previous year, and how regularly.
- The analysts found that the members who drank hot tea consistently had a 74 percent bring down the danger of creating glaucoma than the individuals who didn’t.
- To guarantee the consistency of these outcomes, the group additionally checked for potential jumbling factors, for example, a past filled with diabetes and smoking propensities.
- No connections were found between glaucoma chance and some other kind of refreshment considered in the investigation, including espresso — both energized and decaffeinated — and in addition decaffeinated tea, frosted tea, and sodas.
The findings of the examination were distributed yesterday in the British Journal of Ophthalmology.