Exploring places is a pastime that hundreds of millions of individuals do every year. So here we are with some Smart Travel Hacks.With all the adventures and benefits of travel comes some stressors. Yes! Travelling can also turn into a stressor but with clever, creative, and efficient time-saving hacks the journey can become stress-reducing and it can definitely ease some headaches, and make sure you’re spending as much time as possible in blissed-out vacation mode.
Here are some travel hacks that you’ll definitely want to know before you embark on your next trip to save your time and money on the journey.
Before you leave to travel:
1. Scan and Email the important documents like passport, identity card, itinerary, etc. to yourself for safekeeping. This provides an extra copy of each in the event of loss or theft.
- Don’t overpack. Pack light as overpacking is the common mistake by most of the people. Rolling clothes, using mix-and-match basics, bringing lightweight fabrics, and paring down on toiletries, organizing the cables with a binder clip, using plastic bags to avoid bottles from leaking are the perfect guide to pack lightly. Instead of creating a folded pile in your suitcase, rolling allows you to fit more things in.
- While leaving for a foreign destination, it is important to inform your credit or debit Card Company before you leave to ensure that you have your card authorized for your foreign destination.
- You can save a lot of time and money by packing a small first aid kit depending upon the area that you are travelling.
Book Flights on weekdays as they are lot cheaper
To know more about Time Management hacks, to add effectiveness in your personal & professional life, click here
For the departure:
- Carry own water bottles as on the flight the amount of times water is offered may not be to your liking. So carrying your own water bottles can save a lot of money.
- Splurge on Internet service if your flight is more than six-and-a-half hours long.
- Sprint for the bathroom before 20 minutes of the arrival.
When You Arrive:
- Instead of exchanging money, use ATM and credit cards as 99 percent of the timebank will have the best possible exchange rate. So, there is no need to waste time locating and money for exchanging bills at those currency exchanges.
- Shop for the basics like snacks, water, etc. after the arrival.
10. Prefer Home stays than Hotels.( Again cheaper )
- Remove only the necessities from the luggage in the hotel room as unpacking everything might increase the chances of forgetting something when it’s time to go home.
- Prepare a souvenir list and stick to it.
- Trying local cuisines is not always a bad idea.
- Organize your trip by creating an Email Folder for Your Trip. By this way one can get an easy access to the necessary details quickly.
15. Learn some key phrases as it saves time and is often appreciated.
16. Grab a Cab from the Departures Zone.