Indian sprinter Hima Das competes in the IAAF World Championships. An Indian woman has won a medal at a global track and field event for the first time in her career. at Tampere, Finland, Hima Das clocked a time of 51.46 seconds to win gold in the 400-meter women’s event at the World U-20 Championships 2018.
Now she may call Neeraj Chopra, the legendary star javelin thrower, her peer. He was the one who set a world junior record in Poland in 2016 and won the gold medal. The first time an Indian athlete won an old medal was on Thursday when Hima Das made history. The village of Dhing in Assam’s Nagaon district is where she was raised.
Early Life of Hima Das
He was born in Dhing Village Nagaon, Assam, India on January 9, 2000, and grew up in the village. An Indian national, she is. A Capricorn, she practices Hinduism as a faith. Her racial background is Black (South-Asian). Her parents, Ranjit and Jomali Das welcomed her into the world.
In the media, she has not mentioned her sibling’s name at all. Ranjit Das, a rice farmer, and his wife Jumali have five children. Guwahati, Assam, India is where she currently calls home. In terms of her education, she holds an Intermediate Pass Out certificate.
The Net Worth of Hima Das
Hima‘s net worth was assessed at Rs 2.5 lakh INR in 2018 according to public records. She’s making an excellent living for someone her age in her field. A lot of money will be coming her way in the next few years. With her current salary, she is happy.
|Monthly Income/Salary||$80K – $85k USD|
|Net Worth||$4 million- $6 million USD|
|Net Worth in Rupees||Rs 2.5 lakh INR|
Hima Das Family
Body Features of Hima Das
Hima has a charming demeanor to go along with her stunning appearance. In height, she is 1.73 m and weighs 121 Pounds (55 Kg). Her measurements are 32-24-34 in. Her shoe size is 7; her eye and hair color are both black, and she has blonde hair.
|Height in feet||In Feet: 5′6” fee|
|Height in Meter||1.67 m|
|Height in Centimeter||167 cm|
|Weight in kilogram||54 kg|
|Weight in pounds||119 lbs|
Hima Das Career
Hima Das participated in a 31-day camp organized by the Assam government in 2017. In Guwahati, Hima was invited to join Coach Nippon Das and Nabjit Malakar after they saw her at the training. It cost her merely Rs.350 to get to Guwahati.
She put in two months of training before heading to Hyderabad to compete in the 14th National Youth Athletics Championship. For the first time, Hima was an official Indian participant. During the Indian Athletic Federation’s Sonipat camp, Hima put her training into practice During the Junior Youth Asian Championships in Bangkok, Thailand in May 2017, she represented India.
Hima Das Achievements
- India’s Hima Das brought honor to the nation on Saturday when she won the 400-meter final in the Czech Republic. Hima has won five gold medals in European events between July 2 and July 22 this year, making the country very pleased.
- On 2 July, Hima raced the 200 meters in 23.65 seconds and won the gold medal at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland.
- Finally, in Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland on July 8th, she won the 200 meters race with a time of 23.7 seconds, her second gold medal of the summer.
- Her third gold medal in the 200-meter race came on July 13th, when she clocked 23.43 seconds at the Kladno Athletics Meet in the Czech Republic.
- A gold medal in the 200 meters at the Tabor Athletics Meet was his fifth of the month, making it his best month of the year.
- As of this writing, Hima has not competed in the 400 meters since the Asian Athletics Championships in April, when she was unable to complete the 400 meters competition.
Hima Das Appointed as New DSP In Assam Police
Deputy Superintendent of Police Hima Das was formally appointed by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Friday, 26 February 2021. “The Integrated Sports Policy” has made Das a possible appointment. Saruszai Sports Complex gave her a letter of acceptance.
A total of 597 newly-hired sub-inspectors in the Assam Police were also given employment letters by the Chief Minister. Newly-appointed sub-inspectors and their families were welcomed by him at this special event.
Sports as a career has been promoted by the State Government through its Integrated Sports Policy. After Sprinter Hima Das’ national and international accomplishments, Sonowal proclaimed, “The state government has appointed Sprinter Hima Das as Deputy Superintendent of Police in Assam Police.”
Check Here for More Updates: BulletinXP