People who want to port their mobile number after March next year may have to face the problem. Mobile number portability can be done easily at the moment but next year it is not possible.
If the problems of these companies remain intact then the customers, who are distressed with problems related to billing, voice quality or tariff, will not be able to change their service providers, having the old number for their satisfaction.
An official of the Department of Telecommunication said that if the case is not resolved then any other companies can be licensed for this work. In recent times, the demand for portability has increased 3x. Reliance Jiao’s growing user base and Reliance Communications are closed behind this growth.
Apart from this, Tata Teleservices, Aircel, Telenor India have also shut down their services in recent times, while Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular have cut their tariffs due to which large number of customers want to port their number.
Earlier, MNP Interconnection had surrendered the license of its services in South and East India, whereas Sinners Technicians serving in North and West India told the department that they are facing heavy financial loss. This is because the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has reduced the charge of porting from Rs 19 to Rs 4, which has a huge impact on revenue storage.
Let us know that these companies have also approached the Court against the order of TRAI whose next hearing will be on July 4. Both the companies have received 370 million number of portability requests till March this year, whereas in the last month alone companies got 2 million requests for number portability. The government says that it wants to hear the earliest hearings for these companies and if these companies are not ready then the companies can be tasked with issuing new tender.