What happened in the 2nd ODI game at Lord’s was something really unfortunate for the Indian team, especially for the Indian wicketkeeper MS Dhoni. Despite his efforts to get past the 10,000 run mark and take 300 catch outs as a wicketkeeper in the ODI cricket, he was booed by the Indian spectators for putting up a dismal show at the Mecca of cricket, which ultimately led to the team’s loss in the deciding duel. England team have finally levelled the series as 1-1, with their win in the 2nd ODI contest. Let’s have a look at Ind vs Eng 3rd ODI Preview, Rosters, Previous Encounters, Statistics to get a glimpse of how the game could fare out for the ODI giants
India vs England 3rd ODI Preview, Rosters, Previous Encounters, Statistics
Date- 17th July, Tuesday
Time– Headingley, Leeds, England
Crowd– The 3rd game being a series decider will surely pull in a massive crowd number at Headingley. Chances are, that the game might witness a full house expectancy of 16,500 people.
Replacements, are there any?
England- James Vince has a strong chance of playing in the series decider contest at Headingley on July 17th.
India- Swing specialist Bhuvaneshwar Kumar looks fit again to be included in the playing XI for the decider contest.
Out of 98 games played between them, India has managed to win on 53 occasions, with England winning on 40 games, 2 matches ending in a draw and 3 matches ending as no result.
Previous India vs England encounters in England
Out of 40 games played between the ODI giants under English conditions, England has won on 20 occasions, India winning on 16 occasions, 3 games ending under no result and 1 game ending as a tie.
England’s predicted XI for the 3rd ODI
Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy, Jos Buttler (wk), Joe Root, Eoin Morgan( c), Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, David Wiley, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Jake Ball.
India’s predicted XI for the 3rd ODI
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli( c), Suresh Raina, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni( wk), Kuldeep Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umesh Yadav and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar.
Key records that could get broken in the 3rd ODI
- Kuldeep Yadav is 2 short of 50 wickets in ODI format. If he gets it in the 3rd game, then he would share this feat of being the fastest Indian bowler to 50 wickets with former pacer Ajit Agarkar.
- Dinesh Karthik is 4 runs short of 1,500 runs to complete 1,500 runs in the ODI format.
- Yuzvendra Chahal is 5 short of 50 wickets in the white ball cricket.
- Axar Patel needs 5 more scalps to reach the 50 wicket mark in ODI cricket.
- Suresh Raina is 14 runs shy of 8,000 runs in the international cricket. If he does so, he would become the 15th Indian to get past that landmark at the international circuit.