England vs India 2nd ODI will be the match of the season among the two ODI giants. Both teams will look to win the contest, by hook or by crook. It’s a must win for England to survive in the series, else they’d have to face a shameful defeat at the hands of the visiting team. No one would have anticipated, that once favourites of this breathtaking duel, would now struggle hard for a win in their home conditions.
India would be looking to decimate the English unit in the 2nd game as well. With some inform players on board at the moment, the Indian team has turned out to be an invincible unit in the white ball cricket.
So, let’s see what unfolds for India and England in the 2nd game at Lord’s, the Mecca of cricket.
England vs India 2nd ODI Match details
Date– 14th July, Saturday
Venue– Lord’s cricket ground, London
Time– 15:30 Indian standard time, 11:00 am Local time
Crowd- The 2nd game being a decider between the Men in Blue and the English team, that too at the Mecca of cricket, could be a houseful contest of 29,500 people.
Replacements, if any?
England– English opener Alex Hales has suffered a side injury, causing his exit from the ODI matches.
India- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar had to sit out during the 1st contest owing to some back problems. There are strong chances for his comeback to the squad in the 2nd game of the series.
Previous England vs India battles
Both sides have locked horns on 96 occasions, with Indian team winning 53 such battles, England with 39, 2 games in a tie and 3 matches in a no result.
Encounters in English soil
Out of 38 games they’ve played in England, India has won 16 battles, England with 19, 3 games ending under the no results section,1 game as a draw.
England’s predicted XI for the 2nd ODI game
Jos Buttler(wk), Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy, Eoin Morgan(c), Joe Root, Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, David Willey, Liam Plunkett, Jake Ball.
India’s predicted XI for the 2nd ODI game
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli(c), KL Rahul, MS Dhoni(wk), Suresh Raina, Hardik Pandya, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav.
Some interesting records and statistics
- MS Dhoni is yet to cross the 10,000 run in ODI cricket. He would be the 1st player to reach that landmark, with an average of 50+ in the white ball cricket.
- Dhoni would also become the 3rd Indian player to join the 10,000 run club.
- Suresh Raina needs 60 odd runs to reach 8,000 runs in International cricket.
- Raina would become the 15th Indian cricketer to reach 8,000 or more runs in the international arena.
- Yuzvendra Chahal needs 5 more scalps to reach 50 Wickets in the ODI format.
- Axar Patel is shy of 5 wickets to reach 50 ODI wickets
- Dinesh Karthik is short of 4 runs to reach 1,500 runs in white ball cricket.
- Kuldeep Yadav is falling short of 5 wickets to reach 50 ODI wickets. In doing so, he would become the fastest Indian bowler to achieve this feat in the ODI format.