The Commonwealth Games, 2018 is in full flow. It is being held in the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia between 4th and 15th April.
India is currently at the Third position, with 10 Golds, 4 Silvers and 5 Bronze medals. As Indians, we should be proud of our fellow citizens who are representing us at the XXI Commonwealth Games (as it is officially known) and winning medals in various events.
Picture courtsey: Surfer Paradise
Here is a list of Indian achievers as on the 5th day:
1. Satwik Rankireddy and Ashwini Ponnappa- Mixed Badminton Doubles
Picture Courtsey :Inside
2. Jitu Rai- Men’s 10m air pistol event
3. Manika Batra- Women’s Table Tennis
4. Manu Bhaker- Women’s 10m air pistol event
5. Punam Yadav- Women’s Weightlifting (69 kg category)
6. Venkat Rahul Ragala- Men’s Weightlifting (85 Kg category)
7. Satish Kumar Sivalingam- Men’s Weightlifting (77 Kg category)
8. Sanjita Chanu-Women’s Weightlifting (53 Kg category)
9. Mirabai Chanu-Women’s Weightlifting (48 Kg category)
Picture courtsey: DNA India
10. Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran- Mens’s Table Tennis Doubles
1. Mehuli Ghosh- Women’s 10m air rifle event
2. Pradeep Singh- Men’s Weightlifting (105 Kg category)
3. Heena Sidhu- Women’s 10m air pistol
4. P Gururaja- Men’s Weightlifting (65 Kg category)
Picture Courtsey: Live Mint
1. Apurvi Chandela- Women’s 10m air rifle event
2. Vikas Thakur- Men’s Weightlifting (94 Kg category)
3. Ravi Kumar- Men’s 10m air rifle event
4. Deepak Lather- Men’s Weightlifting (69 Kg category)
Picture courtsey: Hindustan Times
5. Om Mitharval- Men’s 10m air pistol event.
A total of 71 countries are participating in the Games. The top five Countries as on 9th April, 2018 are:
4. New Zealand
The Commonwealth Games began in 1930 and by far, India’s best performance has been in 2010 when we secured the 2nd Position. Let’s support our representatives whole-heartedly and look forward for the best this year!