Indian cricket team created history by defeating the in-form English unit in their home conditions in a cracker of a series. Not even once could the England team manage to make the most of their home advantage against the Kohli led Indian unit. Amidst the slithering battle, MS Dhoni & Rohit Sharma along with few of their companions managed to make few records of their own.
There’s a barrage of records that the duo MS Dhoni and Rohit Sharma managed to break in the final contest with the last one being inducted into the T20i hall of fame by the losing team. Well, you’ve got to give them some credit as well!
As the saying goes- Records are meant to be broken.
Here’s the list of the 14 records that MS Dhoni & Rohit Sharma managed to create in the final T20 contest
- MS fondly known as Mahi bhai by his teammates and the Indian audience became the 1st wicket-keeper to take 50 T20i catches.
- Mahi is now the 1st wicket-keeper to take 5 catches in any T20i contest.
- MS Dhoni now happens to be the 1st wicket-keeper to be involved in 6 dismissals ( 1 run out and 5 catches) in any T20i game. Prior to this gruelling battle, Afghanistan’s Mohammed Shahzad held onto this title with 5 effective dismissals in any innings.
- MS has a distinct record that no other keeper has even managed to get close of. He is the only keeper to have effected a minimum of 4 dismissals in any T20i contest on 4 different occasions.
- He is also the 1st wicket-keeper to have taken 150 T20 catches.
- Hitman Rohit Sharma is now the 2nd batsman after the Kiwi player Colin Munro to have 3 centuries under his belt.
- He has hit a minimum of 50 odd runs on 18 occasions in T20i, equalling Kohli in the process.
- The Mumbai based cricketer, now has the most number of T20 hundreds by an Indian cricketer (5 T20 hundreds).
- Interestingly, team India has managed to win 6 consecutive T20i tournaments.
- Indian all-rounder Hardik Pandya is now the 7th player in limited overs cricket to have taken 4+ wickets and smacked 30+ runs in a T20i game.
- Indian team has never lost a 3 match T20i series till date.
- One for the losing team, English team’s total of 198 is the most by any team at the expense of 9 wickets.