You might have seen the “Reels and Short Videos” section while going through your Facebook News Feed. Well, Instagram Reels can be watched on Facebook, and you can also make them in the Facebook app.
Also, there is now a “Reels” tab in the Menu tab, along with several other shortcuts. You can also let other people share your Instagram reels on Facebook. This means that Facebook will now show both reels made on Facebook and reels made on Instagram.
People who like to watch short funny videos might like to download Facebook reels that they find funny. You might want to download a reel if you want to watch it later outside of the Facebook app or add it to your story.
Whatever your use case may be, neither Instagram nor Facebook offers an official way to download someone else’s reels to the gallery.
How to download Facebook Reels video with music
- Go to the “Reels” section in the Facebook app and find the reel you want to download. To find reels posted by you, tap your profile at the top-right corner and view the ‘My Reels‘ tab.
- Tap the ellipsis button (3-dot icon) at the bottom-right corner.
- Select “Copy link“.
- Visit an online video downloader website like fdown.net (or use the one you prefer).
- Paste the link in the Facebook Video Link field and hit “Download“.
- Long-press the ‘Download Video in HD Quality‘ link and select ‘Download Linked File’ to save the reel.
- After downloading is over, open the Files app and navigate to “Downloads”.
- Open the reel file that you downloaded and tap the “Share” button.
- Tap “Save Video” to save the Facebook reel video to the Photos app.
Read More: How to Bypass FRP Lock on Any Android Phone? Step-By-Step Guide!
Easy Way to Download Your Own Reels from Facebook
Not many people know that the Facebook app has a built-in way to download your own Reels video.
The only downside is that reels downloaded using this method are saved without music if they use audio from Facebook or Instagram music library. But reels with the original sound will be saved with music to your camera roll.
Follow the below steps to download your reels from Facebook.
- Open the Menu tab in the Facebook app and tap the “Reels” shortcut.
- Tap your Facebook profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Under ‘My Reels‘, open the reel video you want to download.
- Tap the ellipsis button (3-dot icon) in the lower-right corner.
- Select the “Download reel” option.
That’s it. The reel will now be on your phone’s local storage and you can view it in the gallery or Photos app.