You can’t ignore Spotify, which is a great app that lets you watch music and podcasts. In this article, we’ll show you how to download songs from Spotify so you can listen to your favorite music and shows when you’re not online.
Spotify is said to be one of the best apps for listening to music and podcasts that you can’t miss. It lets you go through their great and huge song and podcast library without any trouble. This piece will show you how to download songs from Spotify so you can listen to music and podcasts when you’re not connected to the internet.
Spotify lets you download songs, which is helpful if you want to store songs and podcasts in places where you can’t stream them online. This could be because the internet connection is slow or because you don’t want to use up your data streaming the same song or podcast over and over again.
If you have a Spotify Premium account, you can download up to 10,000 songs and podcasts on 5 devices. For people who use the free Spotify version, the only thing they can download is podcasts.
Want to know how to download songs from Spotify step by step? Please read our helpful guide to getting music from Spotify. It will help you with every step of the process.
Download Songs from Spotify on Your Smartphone or Any Other Smart Device
- Click on the Spotify app on your device and ensure that you have a stable net connection (Wi-Fi or Mobile Data)
- Go to the album, playlist, or podcast you intend to download on your device. Since you are not allowed to download a single song, you can simply make a playlist of songs you intend to download and save them on your device.
- Click on the arrow icon that is present under the album or the playlist to commence your downloading. When the arrows become green, it means that you have successfully downloaded.
- Navigate to your Library to have a look at the downloads you made. You can find the Library by clicking on the icon that is in the bottom right corner of Spotify’s home screen.
The way Spotify is set up by default, you can’t download songs on Mobile Data. This can be avoided by –
- Click on ‘Home’
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Audio Quality’ under ‘Settings’
- Under ‘Audio Quality’, you will find the ‘Downloads’ tab
- Switch to the ‘ Download using cellular’ option
Download Songs in Spotify on A Pc/laptop
- Go to your Spotify app and navigate your way to the album or the playlist you intend to download.
- Choose the arrow icon that is under the album’s artwork, adjacent to the heart icon.
- If the arrow turns green, it means that you have successfully downloaded the song.
- In order to have a look at your downloads, go to the Library and there you will find it in the navigation bar, which is placed on the left side of your Spotify screen.
Enabling Offline Mode on Spotify
If you want to just hear your downloaded songs on Spotify with no internet working at the back of the app, then you can switch on the Offline Mode.
- On a mobile/tablet: Click on Home > Go to Settings > Go to the Playback > Choose to turn on ‘Offline mode’.
- Offline Mode on a P.C (Mac): Navigate to Spotify app > Open Apple Menu > Spotify > Choose the ‘Offline mode’ option
- Turning on Offline Mode on a P.C (Windows): Navigate to Spotify >Open File > Choose the ‘Offline mode’ option.
In Spotify, you have to go online at least once every 30 days. This is done so that your downloads stay in good shape. Spotify does this so it can track how often songs are played and pay the artists.
We hope this post helps you learn how to download songs on Spotify so you can listen to them whenever you want.