After the Facebook data fight, we expect that many of you are thinking about how to better protect your privacy. We at iGeeksBlog think it’s always best to keep your personal information as safe as possible.
To get back to the point, did you know that you can hide your Facebook friends list on your iPhone, iPad, Android, or computer? There is an option in the settings that lets you control, to a good degree, who can see your list of friends.
So, if you don’t want just anyone to be able to look at the names of your friends and family, here’s how you can hide them.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List on iPhone, iPad, and Android
Keep in mind that your friends would still be visible on other timelines. It will also still show up in the Facebook news feed, search, and other places. Even though only you can see your full list of friends on your page, other people can still see the friends you share with them.
Here’s how you can hide your mobile Facebook friends list:
- Open Facebook on your mobile device and tap the Menu button.
- Now, scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy → Settings.
- Under Audience and Visibility, select How People Find and Contact You.
- Next, tap Who can see your friends list?
- Up next, you have several options. For instance, you can choose to allow only your friends to see your friends list. We’re going to select Only Me.
On smartphone devices, that’s all there is to it! rather hide your Facebook friend list on your PC or laptop? We can also help you with that.
How to Make Your Facebook Friends List Private on A Computer
- Open your web browser of choice on your computer and go to facebook.com.
- Now, click the Menu button (downward arrow) and select Settings & Privacy → Settings.
- Next, click Privacy in the left sidebar. Next up, click the Edit button next to Who can see your friends list.
- Click the tiny drop-down menu and select your preferred option.
Check out the “Custom” choice, which lets you pick the people you want to share the list with. It also lets you keep some people out if you don’t want to share it with them.
Read More: The 7 Best Audiobook Apps for Android
Have your say
What do you think about the data row about Facebook? We’d love to know what you think. Were you able to hide your list of Facebook friends? Tell us if you ran into trouble along the way.