In many situations, it’s helpful to be able to record what’s on your iPhone’s screen. You can use it to grab an interesting Instagram video that you want to share on Facebook or WhatsApp. No matter why, it’s easier than ever to record your screen on iOS. Here, you’ll learn how to record the screen on both the iPhone and the Android.
Step by step: How to screen record on iPhone
iPhones with iOS 11 or later have the ability to record the screen. This is one of the best widgets for the iPhone, and it’s free and built into iOS.
- Enabling the screen recording feature
The first step on how to screen-record on iPhone is turning on iOS’s screen recording feature in Control Center. Specifically, here’s what you should do:
- To access the Control Panel, go to the Settings menu.
- You’ll find Screen Recording in the Additional Settings.
- Select the plus sign (+) and move it to the top of the Included Controls section.
- Initiate the screen recording
If you have an iPhone X or later, slide down from the top right corner of the screen to open the Control Center. For older models, you have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. You’ll see “screen record” there.
When you press the Screen Recording button, a three-second timer will appear on your screen before the recording starts. When you start to record, the timer or bar at the top of the screen will turn red. Do Not Disturb lets you record your screen without being interrupted by alerts.
When recording a screen on an iPhone, audio recording is sometimes turned off. But you can turn it on by holding the button down for a few seconds and then tapping the Microphone Off icon. This will let you record audio while you record the screen.
If you don’t turn off the microphone before you record your screen again, it will automatically record sound when you record your screen in the future.
- Stopping your screen recording
To stop recording, just tap the red clock or bar at the top. Some iPhones will ask if you’re sure you want to stop. Just click the appropriate button to confirm your choice. The second way to stop the recording is to use the Screen Recording button in the Control Center.
When you’re done, the prompt will tell you that the video has been recorded and saved to the Photos album on your device. It’s finally done! That’s how to record your iPhone’s screen.
Read More: How to Download To JableTV APK For Android iOS
How to Screen Record on iPhone With Third-Party Apps
In the first parts of this article, we talked about how to record your iPhone’s screen. And you can see that you can easily record the screen of your iPhone with just a few taps. This is a feature that comes with iOS. But you might want to do more with your recordings than what the iPhone lets you do.
Here are some great third-party apps you can add to your iPhone to help you record your screen and do more with it.
- Go Record
- Record it!
- DU Recorder
- Screen Recording Video Capture
- TechSmith Capture
- Screen Recorder +
- Live Stream Apps & Games
- Screen Recorderº
Read More: How to Turn off Suggested Posts On Instagram?
How to screen-record on Android
Recording your screen is a simple process if you have an Android 12 device.
Just do the following:
- First, swipe down the Notifications panel twice to access your phone’s Quick Settings panel. Then simply activate the screen recorder.
- If the Screen Recorder icon is not already present, click the Plus sign that comes at the very end of the icons. Then, click and hold the Screen recorder icon and drag it to appear in the Quick Settings menu.
- Once you’ve selected Screen Recorder, you’ll be prompted to decide whether or not you want to record audio and demonstrate screen touches.
- Choose the options you want, and then click Start Recording to begin capturing your screen.
- While your phone is recording, a red recording symbol or notification will show in the top-right corner of the screen. Tap here to stop recording after you’re done taking the video.
These steps will work for Android 11 and 12, which are the most prevalent today.
Read More: How to install TeamViewer Extension On Chromebook?
How to screen-record on Android with third-party apps
Here are some apps for Android that can record your screen if you can’t find or use the one that came with your phone. Due to some Google updates, however, your phone may not be able to use some of the apps to record sound.
There are apps for your Android that let you:
- InShot Screen Recorder
- Link to Windows
- AZ Screen Recorder