Facebook Marketplace is similar to a shopping mall. Here, you can search for anything with the tap of a finger. You can even apply filters to it to speed up your search for the desired items. However, since the app is available worldwide, the product you seek may be available in a different region or country. This is why the Facebook marketplace has a local-only feature that allows you to search for locally available products.
In this article, I will explain how to restrict the Facebook Marketplace to local sales only. So let’s get started.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a new feature that enables buyers and sellers from all over the world to connect, interact, and sell and purchase their desired products. It is a marketplace-like component of the platform.
To access this digital marketplace, you must launch your Facebook app and tap the shop icon at the bottom of the display. You have access to all of the most recent Facebook Marketplace features.
What Does “Local Listing” Mean on Facebook Marketplace?
Local Listing is similar to a location filter on Facebook Marketplace, allowing you to shop within your region, city, or state. Facebook Marketplace is a popular platform for social media-based customer acquisition. Consequently, it is possible that the items you are searching for are being displayed from another state or city.
In order to prevent outside sales, it is crucial for buyers to change their location settings and select the local market.
Now that you understand what Facebook Marketplace local is and how important it is to change the location, let’s move on to learning how to get the Facebook marketplace to display locally only.
How to Change Facebook Marketplace to Local Only?
There are numerous ways to restrict Facebook Marketplace to local transactions only. They are accessible via mobile devices and web browsers. Let’s examine each of them individually.
Method 1- Change the Location Settings on Your Facebook Account
You can directly change the location settings on the main settings page of Facebook, here’s how:
- From the homepage of your Facebook account, visit the settings section.
- Scroll down to locate the location button and tap on it.
- And then Facebook will ask you if you want to make any changes in your location preferences, make the changes according to your requirements, and you are done.
Method 2- Turn On Local Listing
You can also change the local listing settings from the Facebook Marketplace section, here’s how:
- Launch the Facebook app and click on the Marketplace button to log in to your Facebook Marketplace.
- In the Facebook Marketplace section, you will see a section that is named ‘Category,’ click on it and locate the Local Listing option from there and toggle the switch to enable it.
Once done, you will only see the items that are available locally, you can pick any of them and pay accordingly.
Method- 3 Change the Location from Facebook Marketplace
You can also turn the switch to the Facebook Marketplace local-only feature just by changing your location settings. Let’s find out how:
- Launch your Facebook app either on your mobile device or from a web browser and visit Marketplace.
- There, click on your location, which is present in the blue button.
- Then, from the menu, you need to set up the location where you want to surf items/products.
- Not just that, you can also manage your radius here. This way, you won’t end up ordering something that is far from your location.
- Once done with all the changes, save the address you just put in, and you are all done. Happy Shopping!
Why Should You Change Your Facebook Marketplace Location?
You might still be wondering why changing your location on your Facebook Marketplace is beneficial. Let’s find out what could be the possible reasons for the same.
- There are a few items that are region specific, meaning they are only available in a particular region. So for that, you will have to change your location on Facebook Marketplace.
- It often happens that shipping charges are less on the items shipped locally. Hence you will save on gross total when you shop within your region.
- If you are moving to another town or locality, you may want to know their shipping price, availability of second-hand goods, and other aspects.
The best part is you can change your Facebook Marketplace location anytime and without any limitations, plus there are no extra charges for doing the same. Hence, you can get access to regional and national items with no hassle.
Also Read: 5 Best YouTube to MP3 Converter for 2023
How to Shop on Facebook Marketplace?
Shopping on Facebook Marketplace is both a simple and enjoyable experience. After learning how to use it, Facebook Marketplace can be maximised with a few clicks. In addition to being able to shop by categories and apply filters to gain faster access to the products you seek, Facebook Marketplace’s interface is quite intuitive and straightforward. With the extremely user-friendly and intuitive interface, it is much simpler to locate the desired product.
Here are a few tips for shopping more effectively on Facebook Marketplace:
Shop by category
- Launch your Facebook app and visit the Marketplace.
- There, click on the categories you are searching for the item.
- There are many categories on the Marketplace like deals, clothing accessories, electronics, entertainment, housing, etc.
- On your Facebook Marketplace, select a category.
- There, in the categories, you can edit them and apply the filters accordingly.
Use the search term
- On your Facebook Marketplace section.
- Type the search term in your search bar.
- Once filled in, click on Enter.