What if we told you that sharing your Wi-Fi password with other people is easy, and you don’t even have to know it? Well, this piece will show you how to do just that on your iPad, iPhone, Mac, or Android! Also, we’ll show you how to find your Windows Wi-Fi password. Continue reading!
Sharing Wi-Fi on an iPad, iPhone, or Mac
Sharing Wi-Fi passwords between Apple devices is easy, but you must have the other person’s email address in your Contacts and vice versa. Also, make sure that both of your devices are running the latest versions of either iOS/iPadOS or macOS High Sierra.
- Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices (personal hotspot off). Make sure both devices are nearby to each other, in range of the Wi-Fi network you want to share, and unlocked.
- Ask the other person to select the Wi-Fi network you want to share on their device.
- On your device, a pop-up window will appear asking if you wish to share the Wi-Fi password.
- Tap “Share Password” to finish.
Read More: How to Take a Screenshot On iPhone?
Sharing Wi-Fi on an Android Device
If your device runs Android 10 or later, you can share your Wi-Fi password using a QR code.
- Connect your device to the Wi-Fi network you want to share.
- Open the Settings app > Network and Internet (or Connections) > Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the gear icon next to the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap QR Code (or the share icon). A QR code will appear on the screen.
- Ask the other person to scan the QR code on their device to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Finding Your Wi-Fi Password on Windows
Windows doesn’t have any way to share your Wi-Fi connection, but it’s easy to find the password for the network you’re linked to.
1. From Control Panel, navigate to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center. Tap on the Wi-Fi network you’re currently connected to.
2. Select Wireless Properties.
3. Go to the Security tab and click the checkbox next to “Show characters” to see the Network security key (password).
If you found this piece interesting or helpful, please SHARE it with your friends and family to help keep the online community safe and secure. Also, please think about hitting the “Like” button below.
How to share Wi-Fi on iPhones
Can you give your iPhone’s Wi-Fi password to another iPhone? Yes! First, you need to make sure that both iPhones are running the most recent version of iOS. Apple added the ability to share your Wi-Fi password in iOS 11, so make sure you’re on that version or a later one. You’ll also need to turn on both devices’ Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
You’ll also need to add your Apple ID and the Apple ID of the iPhone you’re linking. You won’t have any trouble if they both use the same Apple ID. But if you want to share the password with a friend’s iPhone, you’ll need to add each other’s Apple IDs to your friends list.
Once that’s done, get your iPhone and the other device you want to share the Wi-Fi password with. Just like when you join via Bluetooth, the connection will be stronger and easier if the devices are close to each other.
On the receiving device, take the following steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
Now it’s time for the host device to share access. On that iPhone, follow the below steps:
- You should see an alert pop up asking if you want to Share Your Wi-Fi.
- Select the Send Password button.
- Your phone will share access to the Wi-Fi network with the requesting phone.
After the password was successfully shared, you should be able to tap Done.