The shortcut for splitting windows in Windows 10 is really helpful: just hold down the Windows key and press either the Left or Right arrow key. This should make the active window move to the left or right by itself. Then, to fill the second empty space, you just choose another window. Simple.
When you have more windows open at once, you can get more done and take in more information at once. For example, keeping a tab open that shows your research on one side while you type a document on the other can help you get more done. This feature is easier to use than ever in Windows 10.
The newest version of Windows 10 lets you split your screen into multiple windows and get real work done. It also works better with higher-resolution displays and more than one monitor. So, we’ll show you how to split your screen in Windows 10 in this article.
How to Split Screen On Windows 10: 3 Methods
There are many ways to get a split-screen view, which lets you see anywhere from two to four windows at once. The guides below will teach you how to use Windows 10’s split-screen feature.
Method 1. Split Screen Using Snap Assist in Windows 10
With Snap Assist, it’s easier to choose an open app window when you’re deciding how to arrange apps on your screen. Use it like this:
- Open any two windows you want to put side by side in a split-screen view. Note that some applications may need to be forced into a windowed mode for this to work.
- Additionally, some applications are not compatible with split screen views, such as video games or other windows without a responsive size.
- If you have other windows or applications open when you snap your chosen window, you’ll also see several options that can fill the second half. Click on one, and it will automatically snap into place opposite the first window. If you don’t and the selection grid disappears, drag your second window to the edge of the empty space.
- To resize the two windows, hover the cursor over the dividing line until it becomes two arrows. Click and hold on to the divider to adjust the two windows accordingly. However, there’s a limit to how narrow a window can be. A translucent outline of the window should cover about half of your screen.
- Let go of the left mouse button. You’ll be able to see the window adjusted to your screen, covering half of it.
- Next, choose one of the open windows from the other side of the screen, suggested by Snap Assist. This window will take up the other side of your screen, turning Windows 10 into split-screen mode by resizing your desired windows.
The split-screen feature in Windows 10 is called Snap Assist. It is one of the most important things Windows 10 has added to split-screen multitasking. It lets you move a window to the side and put it next to another open window, like a split-screen. This is very simple and creative. Here’s what you need to do:
Read More: Does Instagram Notify You When You Screenshot?
Method 2. Use the Keyboard Shortcut to Split Your Screen on Windows 10
Do you want to get into split-screen mode faster? You can do this by pressing a key on the keyboard. This makes it much easier and faster to switch between windows on your split screens. The key combination to split windows is very helpful. This is how:
- In an active window, press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then press either the Left Arrow or Right Arrow key. This should snap the active window to either the left or right side of the screen.
- Select another window from other displays to fill the second empty space and begin working more efficiently with your split screen setup.
If you want to make a window take up the whole screen again, just press the Windows key and the Up arrow key at the same time. If you make a quarter window instead of a half window by accident, you can also use the Windows key along with the Up or Down arrow keys to make it bigger.
Read More: How to Download And Install Goojara APK?
Method 3. Split-Screen More than Two Windows in Windows 10
You can split your Windows 10 screen up to 4 ways, which may not be known to many people. Corner Snap lets you put up to four windows on a single screen if you have a large or high-resolution screen.
This lets you use all of the extra space on your screen. This basically gives you a way to be four times as productive. The method is almost the same as the two-way split screen, but there are a few small differences.
Find out how to divide the screen in Windows 10 into three or four parts.
Learn how to split your Windows 10 screen into three or four parts.
- Drag and drop your first window into any corner. To use the keyboard shortcut, press and hold the Windows key followed by the Left or Right Arrow key to snap the active window to the left or right. Then, press and hold the Windows key followed by the Up or Down Arrow key to move the snapped window into the top or bottom corner.
- Drag and drop your second window into any other available corner. You are not required to pick a specific corner of your computer.
- Repeat Step 2 to fill in the other two corners.
Turn off Snap Assist and adjust settings in Windows 10
You can easily disable Snap Assist if it becomes troublesome. Here’s how:
- Open Windows settings. Press Windows Key and click Settings (the gear icon on the start menu) or press Windows Key + I.
- Select system.
- Select multitasking on the left pane.
- Click the Toggle display under Snap Windows to toggle Snap Assist off.
- You can disable three settings if you’d rather disable a specific Snap Assist feature instead of toggling it off completely. First, ignore step 4 (above) then uncheck the boxes next to each setting as you need (shown below):
Read More: When Will Call of Duty Be on Nintendo Switch?
Split-screening can be a great way to improve your ability to do more than one thing at a time. We’ve shown you how to do this in a few different ways.
If you need more help, don’t be afraid to get in touch with our customer service team, which is ready to help you 24/7. Come back to our site to read more helpful articles about productivity and modern technology.
Would you like to hear about sales, deals, and other ways to save money on our products? Don’t forget to enter your email address below to sign up for our newsletter. Get the latest information about technology sent to your inbox and be the first to read our tips on how to be more productive.