Screencastify says that it is the easiest way to record your screen in the world. We will talk about what Screencastify is and how it works in this post. We’ll also show you two great options to Screencastify, like MiniTool Video Converter, from which you can choose.
What Is Screencastify?
Screencastify is a popular Chrome extension that lets you record your browser tab, the whole screen, or just your camera. You can then narrate the recording with your microphone and save it as a GIF, MP4, or MP3 file without the Internet. Also, the extension will save the videos to your Google Drive without you having to do anything.
But its free plan only lets you record movies that are up to 5 minutes long, and all of the videos you record will have a watermark on them.
Is Screencastify Safe?
Yes, Screencastify is safe to use because iKeepSafe.org has given it full approval that it follows COPPA, FERPA, California Education Code 49073.1, and SOPIPA.
How to Use Screencastify?
Follow this guide to learn how to use Screencastify.
- In Chrome Web Store’s search box, type “Screencastify.”
- Select Add to Chrome > Add plugin when you click it.
- Once you’ve set up Screencastify, you’ll see an icon for it in the top right corner of your Chrome window.
- To keep going, click the icon and sign in with your Google account.
- Select “Enable mic and camera” to give other people permission to use your microphone and webcam.
- Now, choose what you want to record: a Browser Tab, your whole screen, or just your webcam.
- If you need to, turn on the microphone and embed the webcam.
- Tap the “Show more choices” button to set more options for your recording.
- To start your recording, click the blue Record button.
- To stop a recording, click the extension icon again and then click the Stop button.
- Then you’ll be taken to a new page where you can change your recording, save it, and share it.
Best Alternatives to Screencastify
The MiniTool Video Converter
MiniTool Video Converter is, as its name suggests, a tool for Windows users that lets them change the format of videos. It now has a new function called “Screen Record.” With it, you can easily record what’s on your computer screen and save the recording in the format you want. It is a great choice to Screencastify if you want to use it on your desktop.
- No cost to use
- No watermarks
- able to choose where to record
- Hotkeys that can be changed
- Several ways to export
- Video frame rate, codec, and quality that can be changed
- There are no limits on how many or how long the records can be.
Screencast-O-Matic is the next service like Screencastify. It is also an online screen recorder that can be used to record classes, tutorials, demos, games, and more. It lets you make quick videos of any part of your screen, and you can add voice narration from your microphone and video from your webcam. But the first time you use it, you have to set up a smaller launcher.
- It’s free and simple to use
- You can record an endless number of 15-minute videos.
- Any part of your screen can be saved.
- Use your microphone to tell a story.
- Your recording can be cut, or trimmed, or the speed can be changed.
- Share your video directly on YouTube.
- Bottom Line
How does Screencastify work? Can you use it? How to record your computer screen with Screencastify? Can any tool take its place? After reading this article, you should be able to answer these questions. Also, if you have any questions or ideas about using MiniTool Video Converter to record screens, please let us know at [email protected] or share them in the comments section below.