Yes, He is the forgotten Congressi Late PR Das Munsi who gave all his life to the Congress Party but he only received “neglection” and after his sad demise being earlier in Qoma since 2008, his body was called at the party HQ for a formal salute just as was did with the past leaders. Here is BulletinXp’ s salute to this “Bengal Tiger” of Indian politics.
BENGAL TIGER FOR CONGRESS
- Dasmunsi was born on November 13, 1945, at Chirirbandar (Bangladesh).
- Expressive and multifaceted, Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi was an ace in political moving and the highest pioneer of the adolescent detachment that surprised West Bengal in the late 1960s, to sideline the Communists and convey back the Congress to control in 1972.
- It was a period when the Maoist development went from quality to quality in the state, with brilliant adolescents leaving schools, schools and colleges to take after Charu Majumdar’s convention of obliterating ‘class foes’, that for all intents and purposes observed a bloodbath throughout the years.
- Dasmunsi was then the magnet for those young fellows and ladies, who couldn’t help contradicting the Communist Party.
- Initially as an understudy pioneer in the Calcutta University, and after that as a splendid Youth Congress coordinator, Dasmunsi was a noteworthy draw with his soaring rhetoric and a considerable lot of his proteges like Subrata Mukherjee and Sougata Roy went ahead to possess enter positions in the administration, state Congress, and in later years, to the breakaway Trinamool Congress.
- Dasmunsi’s ability saw his brilliant ascent in the 1970s in the Congress, at that point drove by Indira Gandhi. He turned into an All India Congress Committee part in 1970, was made the state youth Congress boss that year, and entered the Lok Sabha from the then South Calcutta situate in 1971, at the youthful age of 26.
- As right on time as 1971, he was chosen the leader of All India Youth Congress, a position he held till 1975, when Sanjay Gandhi expelled him to bless his (Gandhi’s) top choice, Ambika Soni, to the post additionally denoting the neglection of this awesome pioneer.
- In 1985, Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi drafted Dasmunsi in his board of pastors as Minister of State for Commerce. In this manner, he was additionally made the leader of the state Congress, however, the gathering lost seriously to the LF in the 1987 state get together surveys in spite of Gandhi’s vivacious battle.
- Dasmunsi lost from Howrah in 1989, with many saying his fizzled guarantee to revive production lines prompted the calamity,
- He again bit the tidy in 1991 however re-entered the Lok Sabha in 1996 from a similar electorate – a pointer of the coarse contender he was.
- In 1999, Dasmunsi effectively battled the Lok Sabha decisions from Raiganj (now under Uttar Dinajpur locale) and rehashed his achievement in 2004.
LAST INNINGS AND QOMA
- As AIFF president, Dasmunsi began the National Football League in 1996, filled in as a match official in the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany and sorted out the Millennium Cup universal competition in 2000.
- In the 2004 Athens Olympics, Dasmunsi was named Chef-de-Mission of the Indian unforeseen.
- Dasmunsi additionally filled in as Minister of Information and Broadcasting and Parliamentary Affairs in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s bureau from 2004 to 2008, when he endured an immobile stroke, lost his energy of discourse and went into a state of insensibility from which he never turned out.
We will miss you Priya Ranjan Da! May you fare well in the heaven! We salute your legacy!